Many moons ago, on my old blogspot blog I had a web-based book club. It was a lot of fun & I was introduced to a bunch of new books that I probably wouldn’t have picked up on my own. I love reading & finding new books. If I had to make a list of my top ten favorite novels it would probably read something like this:
1. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
2. To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
3. Harry Potter (1-7) (J.K. Rowling)
4. Beach Music (Pat Conroy)
5. Killer Angels (Michael Shaara)
6. Chiefs (Stuart Woods)
7. Postmortem (Patricia Cornwell)
8. Power of One (Bryce Courtenay)
9. Turn of the Screw (Henry James)
10. Prince of Tides (Pat Conroy)
I recently finished reading Rain of Gold by Victor Villasenor and thought it was outstanding. A non-fiction novel that traces Victor’s family back to the Mexican Revolution, it was a fast-paced and exciting read. At times you thought it must be a novel, but alas, it was a true story. I also finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows a week earlier and thought that was wonderful- easy to read but certainly not “light”. Up next is The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
How about you? Top ten favorite? Have you read anything wonderful lately?